Wire Harness Assembler
The Wire Harness Assembler is responsible for assembling bind wires or cables to form wire harnesses used in electronic and electrical systems and equipment. Positions in Ellabell.
Reports to Operations Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business
- Simplicity in finding solutions
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises
- Innovation through continuous improvement
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years wire harness assembler experience
- Basic English reading skills – must be able to follow directions and read product and part specifications
- Some technical or vocational training preferred
- Fasten components together according to blueprints and technical plans in order to create subassemblies or finished products.
- Strip the wire ends using wire strippers to ensure proper connections.
- Read and interpret drawing listing all the parts and subassemblies of a certain product. The drawing identifies the different components and materials and provides instructions on how to assemble a product.
- Bind cables or wire together using cable ties, conduit, cable lacing, sleeves, spot ties, cable clamps, or straps.
- Uses tools to manipulate wire which will be used for electrical purposes, such as wire strippers, crimpers, soldering irons, torque wrenches, and heat guns.
- Align and lay out components in order to put them together correctly according to blueprints and technical plans.
- Prepare and apply coating, such as conformal coating, to electrical equipment and its components to protect the equipment against moisture, high temperature, and dust.
- Attach the electrical connector to the wire using crimping tools. The connector and the wire are joined together by deforming one or both so they fit into each other. The electrical connector may connect the wire to an electrical terminal or may join two lengths or wire together.
- Read and comprehend blueprints and electrical diagrams, understand technical instructions and engineering manuals for assembling electrical equipment; understand electricity theory and electronic components.
- Remove defective materials from the production line.
- Ensure that the assembled products are conform to the specifications given and completed on time.
- Operate measurement instruments to measure parts of manufactured objects. Take into consideration specifications of manufacturers to perform the measuring.
- Operate machinery or use hand tools to cut wire.
- Fasten and insulate electric or communications wires or cables.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including the proper use of PPE.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize waste.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately and perform repetitive tasks
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May require the ability to use various hand tools during the assembly process.