The Welder-Fitter lays out, fits, and fabricates metal components to assemble structural forms using welding techniques according to required specifications of the production line within our manufacturing facility. Positions in Ellabell.
Reports to Operations Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business
- Simplicity in finding solutions
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises
- Innovation through continuous improvement
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years welding-fitting experience
- Basic English reading skills – must be able to follow directions and read product and part specifications
- Must be able to read welding drawings
- Some technical or vocational training preferred
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations.
- Ignites torch and adjusts valves, amperage, or voltage to obtain desired flame or arc.
- Heats, forms, and dresses metal parts, using hand tools, torch, or arc welding equipment by welding components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed component.
- Identifies faulty components during the assembly process and ensures functionality before proceeding.
- Inspects grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometer, caliper, and precision measuring instruments.
- Removes rough spots from work pieces using portable grinder, hand file, or scraper.
Preventive Maintenance & Safety
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairs machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs as needed.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including the proper use of PPE.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize waste.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately and perform repetitive tasks
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May require the ability to use various hand tools during the assembly process.