Texas Sales Representative
The CZM Texas Sales Representative is responsible for building and strengthening customer relationships within their sales territory in order to ensure current and potential client foundation equipment needs are met. Includes forecasting territory sales projections to develop and achieve quarterly sales goals.
Reports to Sales Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business
- Simplicity in finding solutions
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises
- Innovation through continuous improvement
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions
- High School or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Background in heavy equipment required.
- Experience in the construction industry specifically pertaining to earth moving, grading and foundation preparation preferred.
- Sales experience, including negotiating techniques, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software required.
- Experience with contact management software preferred (e.g., Salesforce).
- Preferably located in Dallas/Fort Worth area, to work out of our Texas Branch
- This position requires at least 50-75% travel.
Lead Generation / Networking
- Maintains an active membership in relevant professional associations within assigned territory (e.g., ADSC, DFI).
- Attends all relevant trade shows, professional association events, and other networking and professional relationship-building events. Maximizes travel opportunities to invest time in building a relevant professional network.
- Proactively plans travel strategies to meet with existing and potential customers in accordance with travel policy, maintaining a fiscally responsible focus. Submits all travel expenses in alignment with reimbursement policy in a timely manner.
- Maximizes the use of all available tools and resources to identify and follow up with potential customers (e.g., EDA, membership directories, referrals, search engines).
- Demonstrates company values and professionally represents CZM in all interactions at all times.
- Conducts sales forecasting in order to collaborate on quarterly goal setting.
- Achieves sales goals set by the Company and Sales Manager. Takes actions needed to achieve them and corrective actions if they start to deviate from the target.
- Increases sales profitability by maximizing the sales price of each negotiation.
Customer Relationship Management
- Proactively schedules site visits and customer interaction opportunities in order to maintain and strengthen existing customer relationships.
- Learns customer business and use of foundation equipment in order to ensure needs are met.
- Stays in contact with current customer to make sure they are satisfied with CZM, its products and services.
- Keeps CRM software (i.e., Salesforce) up to date and accurate, logging all phone calls, meetings, emails and site visits.
- Collaborates with production team to ensure schedules and customization needs are aligned with customer objectives.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to work autonomously, independently establishing office and travel schedules throughout the month.
- Maintains exceptionally high standards of integrity and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated skilled communicator in order to gather and respond to customer unique needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Up to 50% of the work of this position is completed while sitting at a desk, using a computer and phone. Requires talking, hearing and visual acuity sufficient to perform these major functions.
- Greater than 50% of the work of this position is completed while traveling and visiting customer work sites. Requires mobility to travel and tour customer work locations and job sites.
- Occasionally includes reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 25 pounds for office equipment, supplies and materials.