The Material Handler is responsible for providing support to all processes of the manufacturing floor by receiving, organizing, and stocking parts, pieces or products according to required specifications of the production lines within our manufacturing facility. Positions in Ellabell.
Reports to Operations Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business
- Simplicity in finding solutions
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises
- Innovation through continuous improvement
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years mechanical assembly experience preferred
- Basic English reading skills – must be able to follow directions and read product and part labels and specifications
- Some technical or vocational training preferred
- Ability to use a computer for inventory management purposes
- Forklift certification preferred
- Receives, checks in, and unloads shipments of parts and equipment using a forklift or pallet jack as needed, following inventory control steps to manage stock.
- Updates inventory system to check in and manage parts inventory.
- Organizes received materials based on the manufacturing workflow.
- Stocks parts and equipment at each workstation according to the needs of mechanical assemblers and welders-fitters.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including the proper use of PPE.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize waste.
- Contributes to team effort by pitching in to accomplish production goals as needed.
- Responds to different priorities and needs, structuring work based on production needs.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.