The Industrial Painter utilizes a variety of techniques and tools in painting surfaces, must make an accurate selection from tools (including spray equipment, airbrushes, stencils, rollers, and brushes). Positions in Ellabell. Reports to Operations Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business,
- Simplicity in finding solutions,
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises,
- Innovation through continuous improvement,
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies, and
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-4 years mechanical assembly experience
- Basic English reading skills – must be able to follow directions and read product specifications.
- Must have thorough knowledge of surface preparation to ensure proper coating adhesion and basic understanding of paint equipment and paint-booth operation.
- Must be familiar with the various types of metal abrasive treatments such as media-blasting, chemical etching, degreasers, etc.
- Responsible for prepping the substrate for paint by applying a mechanical etch (sand/media blasting), washing the substrate with a chemical etching solution, and force drying the substrate with compressed air and fans.
- Responsible for preparing the paints to be used.
- Utilize instrumentation to measure painting parameters to ensure compliance with OEM specifications.
- Prioritizing work in order as needed
- Perform “Power-Wash” and other pre-painting activities on parts in preparation for painting/fabrication.
- Apply a variety of industrial coatings to fabricated metal products.
Preventive Maintenance & Safety
- Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements, following manufacturer's instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, and calling for repairs as needed.
- Responsible for reporting malfunctions of equipment or processing to the Operations Manager.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including the proper use of PPE.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize waste.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.