The Field Technician is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving equipment needs on-site with customers. Involves diagnosing and repairing equipment performance issues according to required specifications of the client’s equipment and operational needs. When not in the field, the Field Technician works on the production floor as an Assembly Mechanic reporting to the Operations Manager. Positions in Ellabell and Texas. Traveling required. Reports to Service Manager.
All employees of CZM-USA are expected to uphold our values at all times. We expect all employees to demonstrate:
- Enthusiasm for our business,
- Simplicity in finding solutions,
- Commitment to the client by always fulfilling our promises,
- Innovation through continuous improvement,
- Value and recognition of each other’s technical competencies, and
- Ethical behavior in all we business interactions.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-4 years mechanical assembly experience
- Basic English reading skills – must be able to follow directions and read product and part specifications
- Must be able to read equipment specifications including hydraulic and electrical schematics
- Some technical or vocational training preferred
Diagnose & Repair
- Communicates with customer to understand equipment needs & issues.
- Inspects & tests equipment at customer location to diagnose needed repairs.
- Completes equipment repairs on-site using mechanical knowledge, tools and welding techniques as needed.
- Serves as a representative of the company at all times, communicating respectfully and professionally with customers.
- Demonstrates understanding of customer needs and sense of urgency to get customer’s equipment repaired in a timely manner.
Preventive Maintenance & Safety
- Demonstrates respect for the customer’s worksite by establishing a safe and clean working environment for repairs by complying with procedures, rules and regulations, and the proper use of PPE.
- Performs routine maintenance on repair equipment and determines when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Keeps needed tools clean and stocked for field repairs.
- Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results and minimize waste.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
When not in the field, the Field Technician works on the production floor as an Assembly Mechanic reporting to the Operations Manager.
Traits & Distinguishing Characteristics
- Ability to work independently, traveling to customer job sites and completing tasks with autonomy.
- Ability to communicate with customers to create positive interactions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality in every task performed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds.
- Drive independently to customer job sites.
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to conduct repairs and accurately perform repetitive tasks.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Arm-hand steadiness while moving arm or while holding arm and hand in one position.